Saturday 6 September 2008

Tea and Friendship.......

................... What a lovely combination (or maybe coffee or herbal for those who don't do tea)

Just how precious can friendship be? To me it's very precious. And to think I now have wonderful people who are my friends and all because of the WWW.
If anyone told me just a few years ago that I could have become such good and close friends with people I had never met I would have told them they were, quite frankly, barmy!!!!!!!!!
After all, how could I, who knew nothing at all about computers, possibly have friends because I use a computer. Just unheard of.

I thank God for the day my daughter decided to get an internet connection, over the past few years it has been a lifeline sometimes. I have found inspiration, conversation, ways of spending money I'd never dreamed of (oooppppsss) but the bestest thing, and the biggest blessing, has been the wonderful friendships formed.

So I'd like to share this lovely award from Lacey
with all of you out there, the wonderful people who share the one thing we all have in common.
Internet friendship and companionship.

Of course I am supposed to pass on this award, so the first thing I'll say is
"right back at you Lacey" xxx
I have to include my lovely friends Angel and Rasp, and all my very first internet friends from the now de-funct RTV forum, some of whom I'm still in regular contact with after all this time.
(to name a few...Anne, HG, Pip, Janie, Nige, Doug, Paul)
I'd love to include my newest friend Martha, and all my lovely friends at the Shabby Chic Cafe.

I should think I've waffled enough now so I'll just say a big "THANK YOU" to you all.

With love and blessings in Christ,
Elaine xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

10 comments:

Lace hearts said...

Elaine, this was just how I've been feeling lately, and you have expressed it all so beautifully. Thank you so much for your lovely words. It's been a revelation to me, as well, and I am so warmed and strenthened by my online friends and the incredible support I feel from them. Thank you for being a major part of it. Caroline xxxxx

Raspberry Grace said...

Thank you very much Elaine, I don't deserve your friendship, but I'm very greatful for it.

Much love, Rasp xx

sharie said...

Well done on getting your award. Yes the www is brilliant for making new friends and blogging is even better cos you don't need to visit the people you don't like!
Seriously its brillinat for bringing like minded people together.

Mary Poppins said...

So richly deserved and couldn't have gone to a nicer person as you, well done and lovely words x

keeping the faith said...

I'm glad that you are my friend to Elaine (((hugs))) because without people like you the WWW would be very lonely and not worth paying a broadband fee....i'd just pack it in

Anonymous said...

Great post BM.

I've met such brilliant people on the SC Forum and through blogging (which I came to because of the forum).

It's so lovely "meeting" ordinary people doing extraordinary things.

xxxxx

angel said...

[I am sure i left a message, wherever did it go!!]

You are the bestest, i love you dearly and if it wasnt for you i would still be sitting here all alone with no friends. :-(
You have lifted me when i have been down, held my hand through all my worries and helped me through some very tough times.
I thank God for you and your very dear Friendship.
I love and respect you so much because you are a beautiful woman, you have so much to give to each of us, you never cease to amaze me with your love and understanding.
God Bless you Dear sister.
Love you Ickle one.
Mwah X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X

debbie said...

What a wonderful post. It seems many of us have come to find such friendship and support through www.I feel a very strong bond with all my new friends whom I would never have 'met' without it. It is an amazing network and I am so glad I'm now part of it
Well done on your well deserved award.xxx Deb

fiftiesgirl said...

Elaine, couldnt have put it better myself. Sometimes friendship is not in the forms that we are used to. Its great to find friends in unexpected places x

The Vintage Kitten said...

Hi Elaine, I came by to thank you for your support and lovely comment left on Debbies blog. And what a perfect blog entry for me to arrive on as your words express perfectly for me how everyone (even though they are strangers) have been so kind. Thanks again, I appreciate the time you took to pop over to my friends blog to leave a message. Take Care Mandy X