Wednesday 21 May 2008

It's finished !

After almost 20 years (at a rough guess) I have finished my blanket!

Well, I say mine but originally it was supposed to be bedspread size for my daughters bed, and she is 23 soon (I know, I know, you're all wondering how I managed to do it so quickly LOL)

It was started as a way of using up even the smallest bits of yarn, I sort of made it up as I went along but basically settled for a square (ish) middle, then 7 rows on each side, so each time I completed a side it grew quite quickly.



That was the theory. It grew quickly for a few months, then less quickly for a couple of years, then hardly at all for at least 10 years, but I have been having a major sort out last weekend (still doing it too) (why does sorting out make so much mess ???), anyway I found it in the cubbyhole, decided to complete the side in progress and wash it. And here it is;



I was a bit worried that after so long it might have dropped into holes (yes I know crochet has holes anyway but I mean bigger ones (slaps forehead)) But it washed fine, and I'm quite pleased with it. I think it will live over the back of the sofa now, but be used wherever it is needed, especially useful for those little afternoon snoozes.

With love and Blessings in Christ

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

5 comments:

Raspberry Grace said...

You're a clever girl Elaine!

(((Elaine)))

You need to teach me how to crochet!

love, Rasp xx

angel said...

I still cant cast off, lol.

I love it Elaine its really original, could you pop it in the post so I can have a closer looksee. hummmmmm lol.

Raspberry Grace said...

Elaine.. I had to do it.. you've been tagged! (see RG for details)

love, rasp xx

Elaine said...

OOOoo I've been tagged?????????

Lace hearts said...

Absolutely stunning - I love it. Lace x