Thursday 11 June 2009

It seems a long time........................



It seems a very long time ago since
we started holding open days to
sell our makes from home,
sometimes I quite miss those days.
I don't "miss" the cleaning LOL
but I do miss having the house
clean and tidy (ish)
because at least it got a
good going over once a month.

As I said in my last post, this Saturday (13th)
is the first Craft Fair we've hosted.
We've gone from making and selling
at home occasionally, to selling party style
in other peoples homes
while having monthly sales.
Then to taking the sales to the
Church hall every 2-3 months,
and now to hosting Craft Fairs.

We've also bought a "shop" in the
form of a gazebo
(did I already tell you this???)
Anyway, our old one died a while back,
so now we have a gorgeous
elongated hexagonal one
(sounds posh don't it *wink*)
which means we can do outdoors again too.

Funny though, I kind of miss our
little home sales.
Sometimes I could sit here all day
and see no one at all,
but I was always content that I wouldn't
need to clean for at least 3 weeks LOL

BTW, I've got my stock in a muddle
so I'm hiding my blogshop for a few days,
just until after the Craft Fair,
so I don't unwittingly sell
something twice!!!

Love and blessings in Christ
Elaine
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

9 comments:

Lalabibaby @ Dreaming of The Simple Life said...

Good luck with your Craft Fair BM ... Lala x

claire said...

Good luck elaine - wish I was closer :( xx
(I'm with you on the cleaning for company thing!!! we have guests this weekend and the house is very acceptable!!!)
cospog :) wonder what that could mean???????

Anonymous said...

hope the craft fair goes well :-)

Rose XXX

The sewing room said...

Hope your fair goes well and your house sales sounded fun l love a clean house but not doing it lol.
HUGS PAT.

Lace hearts said...

Lots and lots of luck for today - I hope you sell heaps of goodies. Will be thinking of you. Wish I was near enough to pop along. Hosting in your own home sounds lovely - wish I was brave enough. xxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Good luck, I hope all goes well. xxx

angel said...

Goodness i remember those days BM as if it was yesterday! gosh dosnt time fly.
I like the Shop/Gazebo idea have you named it yet, i think you should call it Nora........ [No Rates NORAtes] geddit? oh never mind, tis early in the AM so my ead aint working to its full capacity.... lol, when did it ever.... lolololol. :-)

I am happy for you and hope all your future Sales go well.

Love hugs and kisses. Mwah ((()))

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

*fareitf* some sort of weasle. :-)

Elaine said...

Thank you, everyone, for all you good wishes and prayers.
The Craft Fair was brilliant, or at least it was for us. Need to phone around some stall holders for their response, but I know church peeps were quite pleased with the result.

Hoping to get some photos at some point, both DD and me forgot to take any, but DH has some on his phone.

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

mitmot said...

I have tagged you on my blog - please pop over to have a look. MM xx