we are hosting our first Craft Fair.
It's getting very close, very quickly,
and it seems like there is still so much to do.
In between printing posters, letters, leaflets,
running to the pooter shop for yet more ink,
trying to rent out the tables...................
I've been trying to make some new goodies too.
I've had the patterns for these aprons for some time.
Actually there is a bit of of saga attached,
I might have blogged about it ??? not sure ??
Anyway, I bought them.............
and they promptly went missing for about a year!!!
Eventually they turned up but still sat in their packets
for a further year *blush*
Then I found some wonderfully
bargainous bias binding from Alcatrazzzz
(actually it's Abakhan, but the place
holds me prisoner until I pay a ransom)
So out came the patterns at last!!
The Globaltex "Sweetie" fabric came from Alcatrazzz too,
it's looks so yummy with the blue gingham binding.
This apron tells a tale too.
The main fabric is a gorgeous reproduction from RJR fabrics,
part of a limited addition range.
I got this piece about 2 years ago,
and always planned to make something kitcheny with it.
It's part of the Mama's Feedsack range,
this (obviously) being the blue teacups.
It's so pretty, I've tried to get more
but can't, sadly :(
I've teamed it with some lovely fresh gingham,
sent to me by Heather, bless her.
And the binding is another Alcatrazzz one,
sweet tiny red flowers,
the odd tiny blue flower and little creamy-biege butterflies.
The apron is put together by
completing the outer side panels first,
and then work inward, the centre being last.
Imagine my disappointment when
I got to the centre panel I was
about 10" short of bias!!!!!!!!
Then I thought "get a grip gal",
and "invented" the little fold-over panel at the top,
finished off with a little appliqued teacup.
I really like it now, problem is I made it up as I went along
so could I do it again !!LOL
Love and blessings in Christ