Monday 20 October 2008

Sorry it's been so long

The last few weeks have been such a pain, I haven't bothered with blogging at all, I'm so sorry everyone. But I'm here now and the problems, unfortunately, are still here too.
Never mind.

I haven't sewn much over the last few weeks either, the decorating was a night mare, plaster falling off the walls and everything, and I still need to make new curtains too, but I needed somewhere to keep my small collection of buttons, so I have made these over the last few days. Hopefully they will fit my new dresser.


I did measure the gap for them, but I haven't tried them yet. I made 2, well because the shelf will take 2, but I didn't realise just how big they would be, so all my little boxes fit in one fabric box. Now the other is housing my huge rolls of ribbon with lots of room to spare.
The floral fabric I have had for years and I'm really pleased I finally have a use for it (it might even end up on the sofas as cushion covers too), and the lovely pink check fabric was part of a parcel from the very lovely Heather.

Even though I haven't posted for a while, I still haven't got much news without moaning on about what's been happening, so I won't bore you all with that.

Love and blessings in Christ
Elaine xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

14 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear you are having a rubishy time! Life can be so hard at times! Chin up! Thinking of you!

X Vicky x

Nice baskets - so sweet! love the pretty roses.

Raspberry Grace said...

They are lovely Elaine, Im ALWAYS impressed with how clever you are!

Love, Rasp xx

Elaine said...

Not really Rasp, there were fairly easy.
I've taken more photos of the stages but all you can see is dog hair
(I used old stuff for the liners)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

debbie said...

They are yummy boxes, very pretty. I tried to make one from the Sew Pretty book but thought there was probably a better way....... perhaps you can tell me how!
Sorry you've had so many troubles recently. xx

angel said...

Hi Honey, its great to see a new post.............. Yeah.......
I am so sorry you have had a rough time lately, i am keeping you in my Prayers.
You always amaze me with what you make and your so nonchalaunt [sp] about it, oh i wish i was that cleverererer. *smile*
Your not a moaner and never have been :-0 how can you say that!

With so much love in our Lord Jesus.
MWAH X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X

Anonymous said...

Lovely boxes BM. How did you make them?

Hang in there and keep your chin up!

love xx

Lace hearts said...

Poor you. Decorating never helps, particularly plaster and the dust it creates. I hope it's all finished soon, and you can get on a more even track. The boxes are gorgeous - very pretty.
Big hugs. xxxxxxx

The Vintage Kitten said...

Your boxes are lovely, and so pretty. I sympathise with your decorating problems. When my builders were making a space to put in my Aga they managed to knock a hole through to my neighbours, it was large enough for me to fit my head through and see into their kitchen, at that point I had never even met them....It was a nightmare but it could only get better after that! Hope it does for you too. Mandy

angel said...

Lainey, Did you nick my cake!

When will you update your blog? i miss you.
Mwah X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X

Bizz said...

Happily fell upon your blog and so happy I did so too!

Those baskets are gorgeous! as is all the work you have produced here.

Keep it up and keep enjoying

~Buffy x x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous baskets, would love a tutorial! Are these the ones you used the ironing pad as lining for?

Don't want to make the Angle Grinder jealous but need to say that I have used my giveaway bag every day for work this week and it has made me smile every day! Thanks again, so so much :)

angel said...

Oh But i am Jelly-ous Annie and always shall be, but if anyone had to have it, it had to be you ..... mutter ..... mutter ..... mutter.
:-)

Anonymous said...

BM .... belatedly wishing you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I just posted on Angel's website and the word verification came up as "Bless" .... spooky but true for both of you.

Anonymous said...

Hi BM

Have tagged you .... see my blog for details!

Don't feel obliged to do it though - just a bit of fun!